Thursday, May 5, 2011

Teach Me How to Dougie

Watch this:

http://www.wgci.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=421790&article=8521810

Michelle looks fly in what I can only assume is J. Crew's spring line. Her toned arms accentuated by a color I could never pull off. Swoon.

Her hubby is busy ridding the world of OBL and inspiring make-believe MLK quotations, while Michelle's doing the Dougie with inner city girls in Chicago. That's what I call a power couple. Way sexier than Bill and Hill. I'm not sure which half of the Obama dream team impresses me more this week.

I watched the video with a group of 7th grade boys this morning before first period. (See, I'm fun! Watch that relationship building in action) They were less impressed by Michelle's moves than I was. Probably because while Michelle does the Dougie better than me (even after months of practice), these boys do the Dougie way, way better than Michelle. Then again, these same boys are also far less impressed by William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" than I am, so maybe we just have different taste.

One kid informed me after watching Michelle kill it on the blacktop : "No one does the Running Man anymore."

Right.

And another: "Who's that lady? She can't dance."

Shit.

Yet another: "Is Chicago an all girls city? How far away is that? I gotta get there!"

High fives all around.

They don't care about Michelle even when she's doing the Dougie.

Life is different when you're a 7th grade boy. Can't win 'em all.




No comments:

Post a Comment